Sunday, October 11, 2015

Horror Movie Month: The Mist

The Mist is a 2007 movie written and directed by Frank Darabont and starring Thomas Jane, Marcia Gay Harden, Laurie Holden, Andre Braugher, and Toby Jones. The movie is based on a novella by Stephen King, and it's my favorite movie based on his work. When a strange mist envelops a small Maine town after a bad storm, the townspeople must fight for survival against the monsters the mist brought with it.

I really like The Mist and thought all of the performances were great...especially Marcia Gay Harden as religious fanatic Mrs. Carmody. (I think I would've taken my chance with the monsters rather than stay trapped in a grocery store with this insufferable woman.) The movie's ending is heartbreaking, and it's one that pissed a lot of people off, but it's an ending I've never forgotten and probably never will. The monsters are pretty scary and realistic (they look like giant insects, and the big ones can rip a man in half), but if you really hate spiders, you might want to skip this one. ; )

My rating: 8/10


No comments:

Post a Comment