Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Horror Movie Month: Friday the 13th

Friday the 13th is a 1980 movie directed by Sean S. Cunningham and starring Betsy Palmer, Adrienne King, Harry Crosby, Laurie Bartram, Kevin Bacon, Jeannine Taylor, Mark Nelson, and Robbi Morgan. Camp Crystal Lake has been closed for years because of a drowning and two brutal murders that happened there. Twenty-one years later, the camp is being prepared for reopening, and the counselors are stalked by a killer who wants to make sure the camp stays closed forever.

I haven't seen most of the Friday 13th movies (only the first, second, and Freddy vs. Jason), but I liked the ones I've seen, so I'm going to try to watch all of the ones the local library has. I remember reading the Friday the 13th book series when I was younger (probably before I ever saw any of the movies) and really liking them, and I know I played a Friday the 13th Nintendo game too (Fun fact: According to Wikipedia, the Friday the 13th game is considered one of the worst Nintendo games of all time.)

My rating: 7.5/10

Followed by:

Friday the 13th Part II
Friday the 13th Part III
Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter
Friday the 13th: A New Beginning
Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives
Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood
Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan
Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday
Jason X
Freddy vs. Jason
Friday the 13th (2009 reboot)


No comments:

Post a Comment