Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Horror Movie Month: Urban Legend

Urban Legend is a 1998 movie directed by Jamie Blanks and starring Alicia Witt, Jared Leto, Rebecca Gayheart, Joshua Jackson, Loretta Devine, Tara Reid, Michael Rosenbaum, and Robert Englund. When someone begins committing murders inspired by urban legends, college student Natalie (Alicia Witt) must try to figure out why all of the victims have ties to her.

I loved this movie when it first came out and liked that they incorporated various urban legends into the deaths because it made this movie different from all of the other slasher movies. I do skip the part where they use the "dog in the microwave" urban legend though because I can't handle it when bad things happen to dogs. Urban Legend is an entertaining movie, and I thought the killer's motive made more sense than the motives in some other horror movies.

My rating: 7/10

Followed by:
Urban Legends: Final Cut
Urban Legends: Bloody Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment