Saturday, October 17, 2015

Horror Movie Month: The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead is a 1981 movie written and directed by Sam Raimi and starring Bruce Campbell, Ellen Sandweiss, Hal Delrich, Betsy Baker, and Sarah York. Ash Williams (Bruce Campbell), his girlfriend Linda (Betsy Baker), his sister Cheryl (Ellen Sandweiss) and two friends stay at a cabin in the woods during spring break. Instead of the fun night they'd been planning, they end up accidentally raising the dead  (I hate when that happens.) when they find a book called the Necronomicon (aka Book of the Dead) and must fight for their lives.

I first watched The Evil Dead about a year ago, but I wanted to watch it again before I see Evil Dead the Musical at the end of the month. It's a fun movie, and the special effects are pretty cool...especially considering that the movie was filmed in 1979 on a fairly small budget. I'm really excited to see the musical...I like the movie, and adding a bunch of songs will only make me like it more because I'm basically obsessed with musicals. ; )

My rating: 7.5/10

Followed by:

Evil Dead II
Army of Darkness


No comments:

Post a Comment