Monday, October 26, 2015

Horror Movie Month: Creep

Creep is a 2014 found footage movie directed by Patrick Brice, who co-stars in the movie with Mark Duplass (the two also wrote the script together). When Josef (Mark Duplass) posts a Craigslist ad in search of someone willing to spend a day filming him, videographer Aaron (Patrick Brice) answers his ad. Josef tells Aaron that he only has a few months to live and wants to record some videos for his unborn son since he won't be around to see him grow up. The filming starts in the bathtub, and of course things get weirder from there.

I enjoyed this movie and thought both actors gave impressive performances. I mostly know Mark Duplass from The League and The Mindy Project, so I had no idea he'd be so good at playing such a creepy character, but Josef was so creepy that I found myself looking over my shoulder quite a few times to make sure no one was sneaking up behind me. I also loved the ending and am really looking forward to the sequel. Creep is a realistic, unsettling horror movie (and the realistic ones usually scare me the most), and Josef is a fascinating character. People like Josef really exist, and they might live next door or work in your building...and that's terrifying.

My rating: 8/10


No comments:

Post a Comment