Thursday, August 29, 2013

Escape from Planet Earth

Last night I watched the animated movie Escape from Planet Earth and thought it was pretty good!  The movie is rated PG, 89 minutes long, and features the voices of Rob Corddry, Brendan Fraser, Sarah Jessica Parker, William Shatner, Jessica Alba, Craig Robinson, George Lopez, Ricky Gervais, Jane Lynch, and Sofia Vergara.  I mostly watched the movie because I love Rob Corddry, William Shatner, Ricky Gervais, and Craig Robinson, but I ended up enjoying the whole thing, and most of the characters are aliens, so that was a bonus.  Rob Corddry plays Gary Supernova, an alien who works for mission control on the planet Baab; Scorch (Brendan Fraser) is his brother, who is not very bright, but is seen as a hero.  When Gary finds out that Scorch might go on a mission to the "Dark Planet" (Earth), he tries to stop him, but Scorch goes anyway...and when he is trapped by General Shanker (William Shatner) and taken to Area 51, it's up to Gary to save him.

I didn't like the movie as much as I've liked some other recent animated movies (such as Despicable Me and Megamind), but overall I enjoyed it and think that kids will really like it.  I especially liked Ricky Gervais' character, Mr. James Bing, a talking computer, and wished he had been in the movie more...and I'm on board with any movie where Rob Corddry plays the main character (I've loved him in everything I've seen him in!).

My rating: 7/10

http://www.escapeearthmovie.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment