Sunday, September 1, 2013

Twenty things you (probably) don't know about me

I'm still working on the book reviews I need to post this week, so today I thought it would be fun to let the awesome people who read this blog know a little more about me. : )

1.  My first word was "Kermie," and at 32, I still love The Muppets.
2.  Sometimes I get really sad about the fact that The Muppets aren't real.
3.  I've seen the first three seasons of Arrested Development so many times that I practically have them memorized...when I watch them by myself, I talk along with the dialogue and sometimes don't even realize I'm doing it at first.
4.  My parents named me after two songs: "Crystal Blue Persuasion" by Tommy James and the Shondells and "Michelle" by The Beatles.
5.  My first concert was Paul McCartney in Columbia, SC when I was in sixth grade.
6.  I took a musical theatre class in college and loved it so much that I took it two more times.  Some of the songs I sang were "On My Own" and "I Dreamed a Dream" from Les Miserables, "Rainbow High" and "Don't Cry for Me, Argentina" from Evita, and "Bring On the Men" from Jekyll and Hyde (I played a prostitute in that song, and I think I was pretty convincing).
7.  I first tried playwriting when I took an Arthurian Legends class in high school, and we put on an original play as our final project.  Three or four of us were chosen to write the play together, but once I started writing, I had so much fun that I ended up writing most of the play.  There were only a few guys in the class, so we decided that Merlin would be a female named Merlynne; I played her and got to have a British accent.
8.  My favorite song is "Don't Stop Believin' " by Journey.
9.  I mostly listen to alternative and classic rock, but I really love Clay Aiken.
10. I've named three pets after South Park characters: box turtles Tweek, Timmy, and Butters.
11.  I worked at a preschool for three months, and it scarred me for life.  A few years after I quit, I still occasionally had nightmares and would wake up thinking I still worked there. (It should come as no surprise that I'm never having kids.)
12.  My favorite Saturday Night Live sketch is the Blue Oyster Cult "More cowbell!" sketch.
13.  The worst day of my life so far was April 5, 2013, the day I found out that my dog has cancer.
14.  I've been coloring my hair since I was 16, and I'm not even sure what my natural color is anymore.
15.  My favorite holiday is Halloween, and I usually start putting my decorations up the first week of September.
16.  I like the original NES way more than the Nintendo Wii, and my favorite video game is Dr. Mario.
17.  I'm still not over Phil Hartman's death, even though it happened fifteen years ago, and I have a really hard time watching the episode of Newsradio where they reminisce about his character, Bill McNeal, after Bill's funeral because it makes me too sad.
18.  When my husband and I got married, I thought it would be funny to make our exit from the reception to "Business Time" by Flight of the Conchords, but no one else agreed with me, so we went with "The Final Countdown" by Europe instead.
19.  My favorite Flight of the Conchords song is "Bret, You've Got It Going On," and I named my hamsters Bret and Jemaine.
20.  We set our wedding date based on the fact that Patton Oswalt was doing a show in L.A. on October 29th (2011); we knew we wanted to get married in the fall and that our honeymoon would be in L.A. and Vegas, but we didn't pick a date until we found out about Patton Oswalt and Friends at Largo...we bought tickets and then decided we'd be getting married on the Sunday before the comedy show.

No comments:

Post a Comment