Saturday, September 28, 2013

Book Review: Beyond Roswell

Beyond Roswell: The Alien Autopsy Film, Area 51, and  the U.S. Government Coverup of UFOs by Michael Hesemann and Philip Mantle is the most informative book about UFOs and aliens I've ever read.  After visiting Roswell, checking out the International UFO Museum and Research Center, and reading many books on the subject, I thought I knew almost everything there was to know about the UFO crash in Roswell, but this book proved me wrong...for example, I didn't know that a UFO was spotted in Roswell on July 2, 1947, just a few days before the crash.  The book mentions accounts of witnesses I hadn't heard about anywhere else; one I found particularly interesting involved a firefighter who was on duty the night of the crash.  He told his twelve-year-old daughter that he had seen pieces of metal on the ground and corpses "from another planet" (page 45); a few days later, the girl, Frankie Rowe, was visiting her dad at work when a policeman entered the fire station and showed her father a piece of thin metal from the crash site that could not be cut or torn.  Soon after, military personnel paid a visit to Frankie at her home, and she was told that if she ever talked about what she saw, she "could be taken out into the desert never to return" (page 46).  (Threatening to kill a child?  Dick move, military...and way to prove that it wasn't a weather balloon.)

I found the chapter about The Majestic Twelve especially interesting.  I would love to get my hands on the M-12 "Bible" because it sounds fascinating, but I have a feeling it's impossible to get (I checked Ebay...it's not there), and I don't really want to get murdered by the government. ; )

Another thing I found interesting was that a man who said he filmed the autopsies of the Roswell aliens claims that one of them lived for two years after the crash. I'd never heard that rumor before I read this book, but I hope it's not true because two years of being constantly experimented on sounds pretty awful.  I'd also like to mention that this man kept calling the aliens "freaks," which I thought was really obnoxious.

If you're interested in Roswell and what came after, you should definitely read this book...it's the best book I've read on the subject, and it's full of fascinating information.  After you read it, you'll feel like an expert!

My rating: 9/10

http://www.amazon.com/Beyond-Roswell-Autopsy-Government-Coverup/dp/1569247099/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1380384527&sr=8-1&keywords=beyond+roswell

No comments:

Post a Comment