Sunday, February 28, 2016

Movie Spotlight: Goosebumps

Goosebumps is a 2015 movie starring Jack Black, Dylan Minnette, Odeya Rush, Amy Ryan, Ryan Lee, Jillian Bell, and Ken Marino. When Zach Cooper (Dylan Minnette) moves to a new town and accidentally unleashes monsters from the manuscripts of neighbor/horror author R.L. Stine (Jack Black), Zach, his friend Champ (Ryan Lee), Stine's daughter Hannah (Odeya Rush), and Stine himself must try to get the monsters back into the manuscripts before they destroy the town.

Even if I hadn't read R.L. Stine's Goosebumps series as a child, I would've watched this movie because I love Jack Black. Goosebumps is geared toward kids, but I'm 35, and I really enjoyed it. All of the performances were great, and Zach's aunt (Jillian Bell) and the two cops (Amanda Lund and Veep's Timothy Simons) were hilarious. Goosebumps is a fun movie, and I'll definitely watch the sequel (I'd love to see a Fear Street movie or TV show too). I'm glad that monsters can't really come out of books since I mostly read suspense books, and those are full of murderers. ; )

My rating: 8/10


No comments:

Post a Comment