Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Movie Spotlight: The Final Girls

The Final Girls is a 2015 movie starring Taissa Farmiga, Malin Akerman, Adam Devine, Thomas Middleditch, Alia Shawkat, Alexander Ludwig, and Nina Dobrev. Max (Taissa Farmiga) and her friends go to an anniversary screening of Camp Bloodbath, a slasher movie that starred her now-deceased mother (Malin Akerman), and end up trapped in the movie after the theater catches on fire. They must defeat the movie's villain in order to escape Camp Bloodbath and return to their real lives.

I've wanted to see The Final Girls ever since I first heard about it, but I don't think it ever played in any of the movie theaters in my town, so I'm glad I finally got to see it on DVD. I loved Alia Shawkat on Arrested Development (aka the greatest show of all-time), and I'm a fan of Malin Akerman because she was great in Rock of Ages, Childrens Hospital, The Brothers Solomon, Burning Love, and some other stuff, so I was really excited to see this movie. The Final Girls has a great cast, and it's a fun movie that also has some pretty emotional moments (between Max and her mother's Camp Bloodbath character). I loved the ending, and I hope there will be a sequel since I'd like to see more of these characters. My two favorite movie genres are comedy and horror, so I love when the two genres go together to make something awesome. : )

My rating: 8.5/10


No comments:

Post a Comment