Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Movie Spotlight: Hell and Back

Hell and Back is a 2015 stop-motion movie starring Nick Swardson, Mila Kunis, Bob Odenkirk, T.J. Miller, Rob Riggle, Susan Sarandon, Danny McBride, Maria Bamford, Kerri Kinney-Silver, H. Jon Benjamin, David Koechner, Brian Posehn, J.B. Smoove, and Paul F. Tompkins. (Wow, there are a lot of good people in this movie!) When best friends Remy (Nick Swardson), Augie (T.J. Miller), and Curt (Rob Riggle) break a blood oath, Curt is sucked into Hell, and Remy and Augie must do everything in their power to save him.

Since I've written quite a few plays about Satan, Hell and Back was right up my alley...and with this cast, there was no way I wouldn't like this movie. Bob Odenkirk was an awesome devil, and now I really want him to play Satan in one of my plays someday. The rest of the cast was great too, and I liked the movie's version of Hell. I also really liked the running gag with Paul F. Tompkins' Annoyed Lost Soul being inconvenienced by Hell's tame punishments, like the Taco Bell-Pizza Hut not serving pizza. Hell and Back is a fun movie (that looks so cool because of the stop-motion animation) with horny trees, a pole-dancing angel (who the devil is in love with), and a great cast, and I'm really glad I got to see it. : )

My rating: 8/10


No comments:

Post a Comment