Saturday, June 28, 2014

Movie Spotlight: Jennifer's Body

Jennifer's Body is a 2009 movie starring Megan Fox, Amanda Seyfried, Chris Pratt (love him!), Johnny Simmons, J.K. Simmons, Adam Brody, and Amy Sedaris.  I haven't heard much positive talk about the movie, but since I like Diablo Cody's other movies, and I like Chris Pratt and Amy Sedaris, I decided to give it a chance.  The movie begins with Anita (Amanda Seyfried) in solitary confinement in a mental institution, and she begins to tell the story of what led her to that point.  She flashes back to the night of a concert where a fire breaks out and kills some people.  Jennifer (Megan Fox) leaves with the band, despite Anita's protests, and then shows up at Anita's house hours later, covered in blood.  She eats some food out of the refrigerator, then spews thick black vomit everywhere and runs out of the house.  The next day, Jennifer acts like she's fine, but she soon begins killing  people, so she is definitely not okay.

Jennifer's Body isn't a great movie, but it's not as bad as I'd heard it was, and I don't feel like watching it was a waste of time.  My only real complaint is that Chris Pratt and Amy Sedaris didn't have enough screen time. : )

My rating: 6/10


No comments:

Post a Comment