Sunday, June 8, 2014

Movie Spotlight: All of Me

All of Me is a 1984 movie starring Steve Martin, Lily Tomlin, Richard Libertini, Victoria Tennant, Madolyn Smith Osborne, Dana Elcar, Jason Bernard, and Selma Diamond.  Edwina Cutwater (Lily Tomlin) is dying  and plans on transporting her soul into her stable hand's daughter (Victoria Tennant) at the moment of death.  Something goes wrong, and Edwina's soul ends up in the body of Roger Cobb (Steve Martin), a lawyer who thought Edwina's plan was ridiculous and stormed out of her house instead of updating her will.  Edwina takes over the right side of Roger's body, and Steve Martin is hilarious when Roger takes on Edwina's feminine traits. I've wanted to see this movie for awhile, so I'm glad the library finally got it...and I'm pretty excited to be able to write about a Steve Martin movie for the blog.  All of Me isn't the best Steve Martin movie (that would be The Jerk) I've seen, but I really enjoyed it and thought it was a great concept for a movie.

My rating: 8/10


No comments:

Post a Comment