Saturday, May 31, 2014

Movie Spotlight: Poultrygeist

Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead is 2006 movie starring Jason Yachanin, Kate Graham, Allyson Sereboff, Robin Watkins, Joshua Olatunde, Rose Ghavami, Caleb Emerson, Ron Jeremy, and Lloyd Kaufman (who also wrote, directed, and produced the movie) , and it starts off with a bang (literally).  I saw the Poultrygeist trailer on the Cannibal! The Musical (my favorite movie ever) DVD a few years ago and thought it looked like something I might like...and it's on Netflix, so I thought I should finally watch it and write a blog post about it.  The movie takes place at a New Jersey fried chicken restaurant called American Chicken Bunker; the restaurant was built on top of an Indian burial ground and  is being attacked by zombies who have been possessed by chickens.  And it's a musical!

Poultygeist is bloody, funny, and ridiculous (in a good way)...I really enjoyed this movie, and the music was pretty good too!  If you have a good sense of humor, and don't mind blood and nudity, give Poultrygeist a shot!

My rating: 7/10


No comments:

Post a Comment