Saturday, May 10, 2014

Movie Spotlight: Odd Thomas

Odd Thomas is a 2013 movie based on a Dean Koontz novel, and it stars Anton Yelchin, Willem Dafoe, Addison Timlin, Patton Oswalt (yay!), Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Nico Tortorella, Shuler Hensley, and Melissa Ordway.  Odd Thomas (Anton Yelchin) is a short-order cook who lives in Pico Mundo, California, and he happens to be able to communicate with the dead; he uses this gift to find the murderers of the ghosts who come to him and to prevent the deaths of others.  Odd Thomas is in love with Stormy Llewellyn (Addison Timlin) and is sure they'll be together forever, so you know they probably won't be.  I don't want to give too much away, but I will say that when I read the novel, I was so mad about the ending that I threw the book across the room, and I'm glad I read the book before I watched the movie, so I was prepared for the ending and didn't throw anything at the TV.   I enjoyed the movie, but like most movies based on books, the book was better...also it needed more Patton Oswalt. ; )

My rating: 7.5/10


No comments:

Post a Comment