Sunday, November 17, 2013

Book Review: Messages by Stan Romanek

Messages: The World's Most Documented Extraterrestrial Contact Story by Stan Romanek with J. Allen Danelek tells the story of a man's repeated contact with extraterrestrials, and it's the most fascinating book I've ever read.  In fact, it's so fascinating that I went on Amazon and bought another of Stan's books and one written by his wife Lisa before I was even finished with Messages.  Stan Romanek is a former UFO skeptic who became a believer after catching a UFO on film on the way to Red Rocks Amphitheater in Colorado in late 2000.  He saw his second UFO seven months later near the Pennsylvania-Ohio border; two passengers in Stan's car also witnessed it, and Stan got this sighting on film as well.  In September 2001, Stan was abducted for the first time, and he would be abducted many more times over the next few years.  In many cases, he would wake up outside his home with no way to get back inside and with no memory of what had happened, but he remembered what happened during the abductions when he underwent hypnosis.

The fact that I run a paranormal blog should make it pretty obvious that I already believe in aliens, but if I didn't, I think this book would've made me a believer.  Stan's story is compelling, and the photographs in the book back up his story.  There are pictures of marks Stan found on his body after his first abduction (which glowed under a black light) and of marks he found next to his knee after a later abduction where he came back with a completely healed ACL and hamstring, which had been hurting him so badly that he'd been planning on having surgery a few days later.  There are also pictures of aliens that look pretty damn real to me; in one part of the book, Stan talks about how his digital camera went missing, and a few days later, Lisa found it hanging from the ceiling fan with a few extra pictures on it.  When I turned the page and saw the picture Stan included, I actually gasped out loud at the extraterrestrial face I saw staring back at me.  I'm sure there are many people out there who think Stan's story is a hoax, just like there are people who think a weather balloon crashed in Roswell in 1947.  Some people wouldn't believe in extraterrestrials even if they met one because they just don't want to believe that they exist, and I don't understand why so many people think Earth is the only planet with life on it.  We live in a huge universe...why would ours be the only planet that gets to have life?  I recommend Messages to anyone who wants to read a fascinating story...if you already believe in aliens, this book will make your belief even stronger, and if you're a skeptic, this book just might turn you into a believer.  Stan Romanek was very brave to share his story, and I'm grateful to him for doing it.

http://www.stanromanek.com/

My rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment