Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Movie Spotlight: Ghost Shark

I've seen a few of the Syfy network's original movies, so I went into Ghost Shark assuming it would be terrible, and I was not disappointed!  The movie is about a shark who is hellbent on revenge after being killed by some rednecks, and it started out with some of the worst acting I've ever seen.  Ghost Shark is a translucent shark who is missing an eye and has a hole in one fin...and he is pissed.  Ghost Shark can appear anywhere there's water (and I mean anywhere), and it's up to Bull from Night Court and a couple of teenagers to stop him.  Here are a few of the ridiculous things that happen in Ghost Shark:

Ghost Shark attacks an obnoxious teenager diving into a pool, then the victim's decapitated head lands perfectly on the neck of a beer bottle. (Well played, Ghost Shark.)
Ghost Shark attacks a man from a pipe under a sink.
A child slides into the mouth of Ghost Shark on a Slip 'N Slide.
A teenage girl washing a car is eaten by a bucket that contains soapy water (and Ghost Shark!).
Ghost Shark attacks a teenage girl in a bathtub.
Ghost Shark comes out of a fire hydrant and eats the top halves of some punk kids.

And my favorite Ghost Shark death:

A man is drinking a cup of water and starts coughing up blood.  A few seconds later, his body splits in half as Ghost Shark emerges victorious...yes, this guy drank Ghost Shark.

Apparently, Ghost Shark also came out of the toilet and attacked someone, but I missed it...I must've blacked out during that part.

I've seen a lot of dumb movies, but Ghost Shark just might be the dumbest movie I've ever watched.  That being said, it was entertaining, hilarious, and is probably the only movie to ever use the term "shark bounty hunters," so I'm actually going to recommend it.  I've been saying for years that I'm going to write a movie that should be on the Syfy network, and now that I'm a full-time writer, maybe I'll actually do it.  Look for Manasaurus Rex...coming in 2016 (don't steal my title...it's a winner)! ; )

My rating: 6.5/10

http://www.syfy.com/movies/ghost_shark

No comments:

Post a Comment