Thursday, June 4, 2015

Movie Spotlight: Vampire Dog

Vampire Dog is a 2012 movie starring Norm MacDonald, Collin MacKechnie, Julia Sarah Stone, Amy Matysio, Ron Pederson, and Jodi Sadowsky.  It's not the type of movie I normally watch, but when I found out that Norm MacDonald voices the vampire dog, how could I resist?  A 12-year-old boy named Ace (Collin MacKechnie) inherits Fang (Norm MacDonald), a 600-year-old dog, from his grandfather.  A mad scientist (Amy Matysio) is determined to get Fang's DNA in order to make a cream that will prevent human skin from aging and spends the rest of the movie trying to kidnap the ancient dog.

I wouldn't call Vampire Dog a great movie, but it was better than I expected. Fang/Norm MacDonald was the best part of the movie (of course...Norm is the best part of everything he's in), but Collin MacKechnie gave a very good performance as young Ace, and the over-the-top performances by the movie's villains were entertaining. I liked that the mad scientist was a woman since that's something you rarely see. Vampire Dog probably won't appeal to many adults, but it's a cute movie, and kids will enjoy it.

My rating: 6.5/10

http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/70250368

No comments:

Post a Comment