Monday, October 27, 2014

Guest blogger Patricia Lane: Crow's Asylum

Patricia Lane, who has guest blogged for me before, runs a Halloween attraction some of you might be interested in.  If you live in or near Benton, Arkansas, check it out! : )
***********************************************************************
Hello, friends.

It’s the most wonderful time of the year. And no, I’m not talking about Christmas.

It’s almost Halloween! My favorite time of the year. And what makes it even better? Haunted Houses and dressing up and candy. Did I mention haunted houses?

Now I used to go through the generic haunted houses and I just couldn’t get scared in them. Most were really corny and the good ones took hours (and big bucks) to get in to. So about three years ago, a fellow paranormal investigator and close friend of mine offered my husband and I to be in a haunted house. We figured Sure, why not? We didn’t have anything better to do. We didn’t get trick-or-treaters and we both loved to dress up, but with no kids knocking on our door and the fact we weren’t special enough to get invited to costume parties, we jumped on the chance.

 That first year we were just a hodge podge of scares and we were very small, we only had six actors, and we nicknamed it The Maze of Terror. (Yeah, I know. Very original)

Over the next year, the creator, my husband and I came up with idea for a theme and a name. As the main scare was a demon possessed scarecrow named Crow, we eventually came up with the name of Crow’s Asylum. We made it better, despite it being in a garage. The second year, we were even bigger with more actors.
  
Crow’s Asylum gets bigger every year it seems and we work on ideas and concepts all year round. The haunt’s backstory, Crow took over an insane asylum and released the patients to run amuck, was created earlier this year by myself and the creator. We like to joke that he is the CEO and my husband and I are the vice presidents. Each year, we take one of the patients and feature them as our central theme. This year, it is Stitches, a psychotic serial killer clown. And we are having so much fun with it. And I cannot wait for the finished haunt and showtime.

This will be the last year at our current location as we will be moving to Spook City in downtown Benton, Arkansas next year.

 So if you’re in the area come check us out

 We open on Halloween night from 7 until the monsters are full and can eat no more

Crow’s Asylum Haunt
5526 Palisades Dr
Benton, Arkansas 72019

Check us out on Facebook and online



Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment