Thursday, January 2, 2014

R.I.P. Layla

It's been awhile since I've posted here, and part of that was because I wanted to enjoy the holidays, but another reason is that the past week or so has been the worst week of my life.  The day after Christmas, my family had to put our beloved dog down after a battle with cancer; we weren't sure she'd be here for the 4th of July, let alone Christmas, so we got her longer than we thought we would, but seeing our sweet Layla in pain and having to say goodbye to her was devastating.  I had been planning on working on paranormal blog posts again starting today, but I'm spending the day painting a box for  Layla's ashes instead...though I wish I didn't have a reason to do that, it's giving me something to focus on, and I'm painting it to match the blanket she always slept with.  I'm heartbroken, and I'll miss her for the rest of my life...and of course I told her that she can come visit me any time she wants (I do run a paranormal blog, after all).  R.I.P. Layla...no one has ever loved a dog as much as I love you.



No comments:

Post a Comment