Sunday, January 12, 2014

Movie Spotlight: Ghost

I realize that Ghost came out almost twenty-five years ago, and pretty much everyone has already seen it…but I just watched it for the first time, so I’m going to write about it anyway.  Ghost came out in 1990 and stars Patrick Swayze, Demi Moore, Whoopi Goldberg, and Tony Goldwyn, and I figured that since I run a paranormal blog now, I should probably watch it.  Banker Sam Wheat (Patrick Swayze) and potter Molly Jensen (Demi Moore) are walking home from the theatre one night when a man with a gun demands Sam’s wallet; Sam and the man struggle, and Sam is shot.  He runs to find Molly and sees her cradling his dead body and realizes that he is now a ghost.  Not long after, Sam sees the man who killed him looking for something in Molly’s apartment, and he realizes that Molly is in danger, so he tries to warn her with the help of psychic Oda Mae Brown (Whoopi Goldberg).

Ghost was a pretty good movie, so I don’t know why I waited so long to watch it.  The plot was interesting, the acting was great, and I really cared about what happened to the characters.  I liked the movie enough that if Ghost the Musical ever comes to Charleston, I will definitely buy tickets to see it!


My rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment