Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Movie Spotlight: Ginger Snaps

Ginger Snaps is a 2000 movie starring Emily Perkins (who you might know as young Beverly Marsh in Stephen King's It), Katharine Isabelle, Kris Lemche, Mimi Rogers, Jesse Moss, Danielle Hampton, and John Bourgeois. After teenage sisters Brigitte (Emily Perkins) and Ginger (Katharine Isabelle) Fitzgerald are attacked by a creature that has been mauling dogs in their neighborhood, Ginger (who was bitten) begins exhibiting very strange behavior (acting aggressive, growing a tail...you know the drill).

I almost turned Ginger Snaps off after seeing a mutilated dog at the beginning of the movie (I seriously can't handle bad things happening to dogs), but I powered through and ended up liking the movie. Werewolf movies have the potential to turn out cheesy, but this one was pretty good (though my favorite werewolves will probably always be the ones from What We Do in the Shadows). The young leads gave great performances, so I'm interested to watch the sequels whenever they're on cable again.

My rating: 7/10


No comments:

Post a Comment