Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Book Review: The Ghost of Laurie Floyd by Courtney Lynn Mroch

I won The Ghost of Laurie Floyd in a contest for subscribers of the Haunt Jaunts newsletter (Haunt Jaunts is author Courtney Lynn Mroch's awesome travel website about haunted places, which you can find here: http://www.hauntjaunts.net/.), and I'm glad I got to read it because I really enjoyed it. On her first day at a new job, Megan Daniels sees someone fall off the building, but no body is found. She learns of a woman named Laurie Floyd, who was a secretary in the building and is believed to have jumped to her death a year earlier. Did Laurie really commit suicide, or was it murder? And why does she keep appearing to Megan?

The Ghost of Laurie Floyd is a great book with interesting characters, and it felt very believable to me. I really cared about Megan and wanted her to find out what happened to Laurie. The descriptions of Megan working in the law office were so good that I felt like I worked there...and I've never even worked in an office! When the truth about Laurie's death was revealed, I did not see it coming at all, and I always appreciate it when authors surprise me. I'm looking forward to reading more of Courtney's books in the future. : )

My rating: 8/10


2 comments:

  1. Crystal, please forgive me for taking so long to leave a comment to THANK YOU for reading my book and writing about it! I love that you so very generously gave it an 8 out of 10. I feel very honored you took the time to do this. Thank you so very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome...and thank you for writing a great book! : )

      Delete