Saturday, May 9, 2015

Movie Spotlight: The Woman in Black 2: Angel of Death

The Woman in Black 2: Angel of Death is a 2014 movie starring Phoebe Fox, Jeremy Irvine, Helen McCrory, Adrian Rawlins, Leanne Best, and Ned Dennehy.  It is the sequel to The Woman in Black (of course), which came out in 2012 and starred Daniel Radcliffe. During World War II, a group of orphans moves into London's Eel Marsh House with Eve (Phoebe Fox) and Jean (Helen McCrory), their caretakers. (That's a terrible idea...didn't they see the first movie?!) Things get weird almost immediately because apparently the Woman in Black can't give these people one night of peace before she starts haunting them.  One of the orphans sees the Woman in Black the next morning when two kids lock him in the nursery, and one of those kids is dead by the next morning, so I guess the Woman in Black doesn't take bullying lightly. ; )

I don't remember much about the first Woman in Black movie, other than the fact that I liked it more than this one, so you probably don't have to watch the first one to understand the sequel.  The Woman in Black 2 was kind of boring, and like most of the horror movies I watched, not scary enough, but the acting was better than a lot of the acting I've seen in the movies I've watched for this blog.

My rating: 6/10


No comments:

Post a Comment