Friday, December 13, 2013

Movie Spotlight: R.I.P.D.

R.I.P.D. is a 2013 movie starring Ryan Reynolds, Jeff Bridges, Mary Louise Parker, Kevin Bacon, Stephanie Szostak, James Hong, and Marisa Miller.  Boston police officer Nick Walker (Ryan Reynolds) is murdered by his partner (Kevin Bacon) and joins the R.I.P.D. (Rest in Peace Department) to help protect the world from the dead.  His partner is Roy Pulsipher (Jeff Bridges), a former U.S. Marshall who lived in the 1800s.

R.I.P.D. got mostly negative reviews, but if you watch movies just to be entertained, you should check it out. That's why I watch movies, and I enjoyed it...the concept of the movie (which was based on a comic book) is really interesting and different, and all of the actors were great, especially Jeff Bridges.  Fun fact: Zach Galifianakis was originally offered the role of Roy Pulsipher, but he ended up dropping out of the movie because of scheduling conflicts; I love Zach, so I would've liked to see him in that role. : )

http://www.universalstudiosentertainment.com/ripd/

No comments:

Post a Comment