Sunday, January 29, 2017

Movie Spotlight: Blair Witch

Blair Witch is a 2016 found footage movie starring James Allen McCune, Callie Hernandez, Brandon Scott, Corbin Reid, Wes Robinson, and Valorie Curry. It's the third installment of the Blair Witch series, following The Blair Witch Project and Blair Witch: Book of Shadows. When James Donahue (James Allen McCune) finds a video he believes to be of his sister Heather, who disappeared twenty years earlier while investigating the Blair Witch, he convinces his friends to help him search for her in the Black Hills Forest.

My main complaint about The Blair Witch Project was that the shaky camerawork made me dizzy and nauseous, and the same goes for Blair Witch. I thought it was a decent movie, but I didn't like it as much as the other two (I seem to be alone in this, but Book of Shadows is my favorite of the series...it was less boring than the others, and I don't remember it ever making me nauseous), and I had a hard time giving it my full attention.
I do think the actors were great though, and since the first movie in the series was known for casting unknown actors in the lead roles, I was surprised to see an actress I recognized: Valorie Curry, who I really enjoyed on The Following and House of Lies.

My rating: 6/10


No comments:

Post a Comment