Friday, February 20, 2015

Movie Spotlight: Horns

Horns is a 2013 movie starring Daniel Radcliffe, Juno Temple, Max Minghella, Joe Anderson, Kelli Garner, James Remar, Kathleen Quinlan, Heather Graham, and David Morse.  I really liked Joe Hill's novel, so I've been excited to see this movie.  When Merrin Williams (Juno Temple) is raped and murdered, the police suspect Ignatius Perrish (Daniel Radcliffe); though he denies that he killed his girlfriend, his friend Lee (Max Minghella) is the only one who believes him.  One night Ig gets drunk after attending a vigil for Merrin and wakes up the next morning to discover that he now has a pair of horns growing out of his head...and as if that weren't strange enough, he soon realizes that the horns have the power to get people to reveal their darkest secrets to him.  He decides to use his new power to try to find out who killed Merrin and get them to confess.

Movie adaptations of novels often end up disappointing the people who enjoyed the books,  but I didn't have this experience with Horns.  I really enjoyed it and thought Daniel Radcliffe did a great job as Ig.  The only complaint I have about the movie is that there were snakes in it, and I wish snakes were never in movies because they make my skin crawl. ; )

My rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment