Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Movie Spotlight: Rings

Rings is a 2017 movie starring Matilda Lutz, Alex Roe, Johnny Galecki, Vincent D'Onofrio, Aimee Teegarden, and Bonnie Morgan. It's the third movie in The Ring series, following 2002's The Ring and 2005's The Ring Two. Julia (Matilda Lutz) is worried about her boyfriend Holt (Alex Roe) when he researches a videotape that kills anyone who watches it. She watches the video in order to prevent Holt's death and soon discovers that there's a movie within the videotape that has never been seen before.

When I first saw The Ring, I thought it was the scariest movie I'd ever seen (it has since been replaced by Red State as the movie that terrifies me the most)...the part where Samara comes out of the TV freaked me out so much that I covered my TV with a blanket before I went to bed that night. Rings is a decent movie, but I didn't think it was scary, and it wasn't as good as its predecessors. I did think the actors were great though, and I liked the ending.

My rating: 6/10


No comments:

Post a Comment