Saturday, July 16, 2016

Movie Spotlight: Ghostbusters (2016)

I've been looking forward to the new Ghostbusters movie for a long time and have been really annoyed by all the negative people who have been claiming it would be terrible. I saw the movie today, and I'm happy to report that all of those people have been proven wrong...I knew I'd like the movie, but I loved it even more than I thought I would! Paul Feig was definitely the right person to direct this movie, and the script (by Feig and Katie Dippold) was great...I loved the plot, and I laughed just as much as I did at the original Ghostbusters.

Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, Kate McKinnon, and Leslie Jones are awesome and badass as the new Ghostbusters, and Chris Hemsworth is hilarious as their not-too-bright receptionist. The special effects are incredible, and some of the ghosts really creeped me out (the haunted mannequin just might give me nightmares). If you go see it, make sure to stay through the end credits, or you'll miss some good stuff. I feel bad for the people who refuse to see this because they think a movie can somehow retroactively ruin their childhoods (which is pretty much the dumbest thing I've ever heard)...they're missing out on such a terrific movie. Watching Ghostbusters was the most fun I've had at a movie theater in a long time, and I really hope there's a sequel. Though I grew up with (and still love) the original Ghostbusters, Gilbert, Yates, Holtzmann, and Tolan are the Ghostbusters I want to be.

My rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment