Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Army of Darkness: Ashes 2 Ashes

Army of Darkness: Ashes 2 Ashes is a 2005 graphic novel by writer Andy Hartnell and artist Nick Bradshaw. It's a collection of the Army of Darkness: Ashes 2 Ashes four-issue miniseries that was published July-October 2004, and it picks up after the events of the Army of Darkness movie. Chainsaw-wielding hero/S-Mart housewares employee Ash Williams discovers that he was sent back to the wrong time, which means that he hasn't been to the cabin in the woods yet. He realizes that his girlfriend Linda must still be alive, so he decides to try to save her and destroy the Necronomicon.

I bought Army of Darkness: Ashes 2 Ashes as a birthday present for my husband, but when he was finished with it, of course I had to read it too. I thought it was an great  story, and the artist did an incredible job of capturing the spirit of the Evil Dead movies. It was interesting to see what Ash was up to right after the movies ended, and I definitely want to read more of the Army of Darkness graphic novels. : )

My rating: 8/10


No comments:

Post a Comment