Sunday, July 19, 2015

Movie Spotlight: The Lazarus Effect

The Lazarus Effect is a 2015 movie starring Mark Duplass, Olivia Wilde, Donald Glover, Evan Peters, and Sarah Bolger.  Medical researchers/engaged couple Frank and Zoe (Mark Duplass and Olivia Wilde) have created a serum that is meant to help coma patients.  The serum somehow ends up being able to bring people back to life...but not exactly the way the deceased used to be.  When Zoe dies after being electrocuted, Frank uses the serum to bring her back, and of course things go horribly wrong.  Resurrected Zoe is basically the old Zoe...except now she hears peoples' thoughts and has telekinesis.

I enjoyed The Lazarus Effect...it held my attention the whole time, and I liked the ending.  The movie has a great cast, and everyone gave impressive performances, even the dog.  It's definitely a better movie than the random paranormal Netflix movies I watch for this blog. ; )

My rating: 7.5/10


No comments:

Post a Comment