Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Book Spotlight: Amity by Micol Ostow

Amity is a 2014 novel by Micol Ostow and is about two families living in Amity (the New England house made famous by The Amityville Horror) ten years apart.  The novel goes back and forth between two narrators: Connor, whose family lived at Amity ten years previously, and Gwen, whose family currently lives there.  Amity is a young adult novel, but I'm 33, and I enjoyed it; since it's aimed at teenagers, it was tamer than the horror I usually read (Stephen King, Bentley Little, etc.), but I cared about what happened to the characters and liked reading about how the house affected Connor, Gwen, and their families.  For more information about Amity, check out the author's website:

http://micolz.tumblr.com/

My rating: 7.5/10


No comments:

Post a Comment