Friday, January 30, 2015

Movie Spotlight: Devil Seed

Devil Seed is a 2012 movie starring Michelle Argyris, Shantelle Canzanese, Vanessa Broze, Kevin Jake Walker, Wayne Conroy, and Michael G. Wilmot.  College student Alex (Michelle Argyris) movies in with her friends (well, Jessica is a friend, but Bree is secretly sleeping with Alex's boyfriend, so maybe "bitch" is a better description for her) after a spending the summer caring for her sick grandmother.  One night Alex and Jessica (Shantelle Canzanese) go to a psychic on the way home from a bar, and things get weird.  The next day, Alex doesn't remember going to a psychic, and soon strange things start happening around her (the TV turning on by itself, doors opening on their own, sex with demons).

Devil's Seed was better than I expected, and I liked it more than most of the other random paranormal movies I've found on Netflix.  There was a lot of tension in the movie, aided by super-creepy music, and the acting was better than the acting in many of the horror movies I've watched.  I also liked the ending, and if they make a sequel, I'll definitely watch it.

My rating: 6.5/10


No comments:

Post a Comment